The 4/3 Mutant wetsuit from O'Neill is a killer option if you're like a lot of surfers and not into wearing a hood all the time. The zip in hood or neck can be interchanged, essentially making this two suits in one. External fluid weld on all seams, and Ultraflex DS Neoprene with a smooth skin chest panel round out this full featured wetsuit. Definitely one worth considering!
The O'Neill Mutant 4/3 Wetsuit is the most versatile wetsuit in the O'Neill Wetsuit line. The Mutant allows for use with a standard chest zip neck piece or an interchangeable 2mm hood for colder days. Perfect for the surfer that wants to be in the water during a variety of conditions but can only afford one suit.
Built with an easy chest zip entry, firewall insulation and fluid seam welds, the Mutant will keep the warmth in and the water out. A lightweight combination of Ultraflex DS Neoprene and insulating UltraFlex Firewall makes for improved comfort and flexibility. Two suits in one, now go get some!
Neoprene: 100% Ultraflex DS
Seams: Single Fluid Seam Weld
Zipper: Chest Zip/Modular Closure
Hood: Fully Attachable/Detachable Zip in Hood
Model Year: 2015/2016
Manufactures Part Number: 4196
- Modular Closure System: Comes with both a regular neck closure and can be interchanged with the included hood depending on the conditions.
- UltraFlex DS Neoprene: 100% Ultra Stretch, Super gooey for superior feel and flexibility.
- UltraFlex Firewall: Super soft and flexible water wicking insulation that keeps you warm and dry.
- Single Fluid Seam Weld: Watertight Stitchless Technology that keeps water from entering at all seams and critical points.
- Single Superseal Neck: A fully adjustable closure featuring a 360 smooth skin interior, chafe-free unfinished edge, and minimal bulk design.
- Plasma Ankle Seals: Helps prevent flushing through the ankles and keeps a secure fit
- Krypto Knee Padz: Abrasion resistant, high stretch neoprene panel with ergonomic shaping designed to extend the life of the wetsuit and protect the knee while punching through waves.
- External Key Pocket: Located along the lower leg inseam, this key pocket is easy to access and completely secure.
- Contortionist Seamless Shoulders: Seamless shoulder panels for unrestricted mobility and ultimate stretch.
- LSD (Lumbar Seamless Design): We all know that even the best surfers spend significant amounts of time sitting on their boards. By using a single panel in the rear area of the wetsuit, water entry is minimized and stretch is maximized.
- O'Neill Mutant 4/3 Hooded Wetsuit Great product. Even better service!Review by Yuval Yuval
RatingI ordered this suit based on recommendation I got from an online forum, everyone was praising this wetsuit as a great SUP wetsuit for Fall/Early Winter and spring, for the northern east cost. After using it couple of times here in New York, I can concur, this is a great wetsuit!(Posted on 10/26/2015) 2015-10-26
As for the service, Cleanline Surf shipped it in no time, even though I ordered it on the weekend. When I opened the box I had a pleasant surprise, Cleanline attached a personal thank you note which was lovely and added a really high quality T-Shirt that fits me perfectly. On top of that they included board wax and to top it off, they hid some candy on the bottom of the box as a surprise. Really nice touch.
As for the wetsuit, If you're a surfer this review is probably not for you.
The build quality is exceptional, fit was right on the money. I'm 5'8" 177lbs and I ordered
the LS size and it fits like a glove.
I tested it on a 40 ℉/9mph wind, suit kept me warm and cozy throughout the ride. As the temp got warmer to about 48 ℉ I was already sweating.
Tested it on mid 50's ℉ day, still very manageable but on the warmer side.
The wind protection of the suit is great and I can see he usefulness of the hood it comes with on cold windy days.
Granted, as a stand-up paddler, I'm not spending to much time in the water, I do get splashed all over more so on the legs. Nothing got through though.
I'd definitely recommend this suit to other paddlers looking for alternative to a drysuit for certain periods of the year out here in the NorthEast.
- O'Neill Mutant 4/3 Hooded Wetsuit Top Notch Suit & RetailerReview by Gerald Gerald
RatingMy first purchase through Cleanline, and this is a class act retailer! They threw in a extra shirt in my size, some board wax, some other goodies and a hand-written thank you note for choosing them...(Posted on 1/26/2015) 2015-01-26
The suit is spectacular, it's contortionist entry style (no back zipper) but not too difficult to manage, it looks and feels great once on, with excellent lower body & especially upper body range of motion (I use it to SUP in the ocean), and it literally seals perfectly & does not allow water in through the neck, sleeves or ankles unless you pull it open and want to self flush it to cool off. It kept me very warm and comfortable in water in the low 50s, and the hood or simple neck versatility option is great. Can't go wrong with this suit or with CleanLine...
- O'Neill Mutant 4/3 Hooded Wetsuit Great PurchaseReview by Brendan Brendan
RatingFirst.....it was my first time purchasing through Cleanline and i will definitely shop again. Great deal (One of the best, no tax, no shipping) and the little extras they included along with thank you note go along way. Highly recommend. Had a mutant and got a good 3 years out of it. The hood option works great and never had to deal with initial water getting in on your first duck dive. Stayed warm during long sessions on those colder days. I then went with a Rip Curl Flash Bomb, good suit but don't like back zip and the LT size in O'Neill fits me better. Just got my new Mutant and can't wait to get out. Will update on 2013/14 model.(Posted on 12/6/2013) 2013-12-06
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing O'Neill Wetsuits. If you have never tried an O'Neill suit before, we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full O’Neill Wetsuit Sizing Chart
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION AND POLICY
If the product is found to be defective under normal use and proper care, O'Neill will repair or replace the product at our sole discretion. The decision to replace or repair a product is made by the O'Neill Warranty Department after receipt of the defective product. At no time does the O'Neill offer refunds. Defective product should be returned clean and dry, postage prepaid. Please include a note with product description, product defects, requested action, return address (be sure to include postal code, especially for Canadian addresses), daytime phone number with area code, customers name and a copy of the purchase receipt sent to the address below.
Suits without a copy of the purchase receipt will NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
- Products classified as seconds
- Fading from sunlight
- Materials over 1 year (from date of original purchase), or 90 days for accessories
- Repairs or alterations done by anyone other than O'Neill or an O'Neill authorized repair facility
- Warranty request without original receipt
Flat-Stitched Products, Glued and Blindstitched Products, and Fluid Seam Weld Products
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workmanship and materials.
Neoprene Dry Suits
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workman ship and materials (waterproof zipper excluded)
- Limited 90-day (from date of original purchase) warranty on workmanship and materials
GENERAL U.S. AND CANADA REPAIR INFORMATION
For repairs received from the dealer or end user, O'Neill offers:
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Stitched Suits
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Glued Suits
- 20 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Fluid Seam Welded Suits
- 30 Business Day Turnaround for all Non-Warranty Repairs
Repairs are to be returned clean and dry, postage paid. Please include the name and a daytime phone number with area code, return address, product description, and requested action.
Send Repairs To:
O'Neill U.S. Warranty Repair
1022 Bay Marina Drive, Suite 140B
National City, CA 91950
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy