"The HyperFreak 3mm Wetsuit is honestly one of the best value performance suits out there. Generally anything with TechnoButter Neoprene is going to be really stretchy, and this is no exception. Being a straight 3mm suit instead of 3/2, you get a little bit stronger seams, and more warmth. Still one of the stretchiest suits out there, so if you're looking for a lot of performance, and easy on and off, this the one to get. Oh yeah, and the FUZE entry system is really water tight!"
The O'Neill HyperFreak 3mm Wetsuit is constructed with 100% super buttery Technobutter Neoprene, light and flexible GBS seams and clean graphics. This lightweight suit is a team inspired favorite with its quality materials and attention to detail. The Minimal Seam Design and Strategic Seamless Paddle Zones gives this suit an excellent fit and unrestricted movement for maximum performance in the water.
Neoprene: Technobutter Neoprene
Seams: GBS (Glued and Blindstitched)
Zipper: Chest Zip
Model Year: 2015/2016
Manufactures Part Number: 4434
- Technobutter Neoprene: Advanced super stretch neoprene, 20% lighter, 30% less water absorption with improved durability and quick dry properties.
- Glued and Blindstitched Seams: Double stitched partially through the surface and triple glued to create a watertight seam. Tape is added to critical areas.
- Double Super Seal Neck with 360° Barrier: A toasty warm two-layer design featuring a 360 smooth skin interior lining, wide adjustability and a secure lock down.
- Critically Taped/Reinforced Seam Junctions: Increases life span of wetsuit and reduces water entry.
- Sidewinder S-Curve Seams: Seams designed to follow the contour of the body for a more comfortable fit and reducing stress points.
- F.U.Z.E. Closure System: Front Upper Zip Entry uses the same zipper technology as O’Neill’s Z.E.N. Zip closure keeping you dry without restricting flexibility.
- LSD (Lumbar Seamless Design): We all know that even the best surfers spend significant amounts of time sitting on their boards. By using a single panel in the rear area of the wetsuit, water entry is minimized and stretch is maximized.
- Contortionist Seamless Shoulders: Seamless shoulder panels for unrestricted mobility and ultimate stretch.
- Strategic Seamless Paddle Zones: An ergonomic, seamless undersleeve panel that allows for unrestricted motion and eliminates rashing.
- Minimal Seam Design: Minimal seam design for greater flexibility and mobility.
- External Key Pocket: Located along the lower leg inseam, this key pocket is easy to access and completely secure.
- O'Neill HyperFreak 3mm Wetsuit - 2015 Great wetsuit at a reasonable priceReview by Dennis Dennis
RatingThis is the best full suit I've purchased to date. The neoprene is super stretchy and dries pretty quick. I love the chest zip and closure system. No more cold water flushing down my back. I'm 5'7 160 lbs and the LS fits like a glove.(Posted on 10/5/2016) 2016-10-05
- O'Neill HyperFreak 3mm Wetsuit - 2015 Great suit, 1 minor flawReview by Livininsd Livininsd
RatingThis suit has amazing flexibility, especially for being a solid 3mm all around. It's actually a little more difficult for me to get into than my zipper less billabong, but I have pretty wide shoulders.(Posted on 9/13/2016) 2016-09-13
Once in, the fit is great and the sui is warm. It also dries relatively quick, especially compared to other high flex neoprene. My one nock on this suit is the suit is a little loose around the wrists and regularly lets in cold water up my forearms. Somewhat true on the ankles too. It's not a huge deal right now but does probably limit how warm this suite will be sub 60 degrees.
- O'Neill HyperFreak 3mm Wetsuit - 2015 Awesome suitReview by Dave Dave
RatingThis was my first wetsuit purchase so I can't compare it to others but it has been amazing. So easy to get in and out of wet or dry. Have used it in as low as 55 degrees (with booties) and was comfortable the whole time. I also took it out for a morning in 70 degree water and wasn't too hot either.(Posted on 7/12/2016) 2016-07-12
On top of everything the Cleanline crew was super helpful in answering all of my ridiculous questions without any hint of annoyance or judgement. Great wetsuit and a great company!
- O'Neill HyperFreak 3mm Wetsuit - 2015 Great Service!Review by Jeff Jeff
RatingI am 5'4" 140lbs and didn't know which size to order S or MS. I reached out to the staff and asked what they recommended, but since this was a early birthday present from the Fiance she went ahead and ordered a MS before they got back to me. The next day I received the answer from Cleanline and they recommended a Small, therefore I asked if they could switch it and they did. I know people say shop "local", but this company makes it really difficult to do that because of their great customer service, great prices and deals. I wish these guys were on the east coast (RI)!!!!(Posted on 5/24/2016) 2016-05-24
As far as the wetsuit goes...the water temp right now is around 49F, I wore it yesterday and it kept me warm for a couple of hours. Super stretchy and comfortable. Overall, it is a great product and I look forward to purchasing more O'Neill products from Cleanline.
Thanks again guys!
- O'Neill HyperFreak 3mm Wetsuit - 2015 Best suit out there.Review by Scheisshaus Scheisshaus
RatingThis is by far the best value/most versatile suit out there. All Technobutter equals ultra stretchy, and a straight 3mm suit has one of the widest ranges of use. Works great from about 52/53 degrees up. Has more low range than a 3/2 and wont sweat you out in the upper ranges of a 3/2. You don't notice much if any paddling restriction over a multi density suit, but you defiantly notice the warmth. I'm currently cutting loose in April on the Outer Banks with this, 4/3 psychotech boots and 2 mil gloves, while most guys are in 4/3s and 5/4s. And I'm doing 3 to 4 hr marathon sessions. For 220 bucks on sale, you can't beat this with a stick. It's everything you need and nothing you don't. I recently switched all my wetsuits back to Oneill from Xcel and Rip Curl and I couldn't be happier. Better fit (stocky,thicker chested folks), better construction, and way more flexible. Win win in my book. And all but one has come from Cleanline. My local O'Neill shop is a bunch of a-holes so I use them as a fitting room and order from Cleanline. Best info and advice by phone and email. Excellent customer service. My local shop refused to order this suit. Cleanline had it in stock and checked with Oneill about the availability of other suits in my size and color choices and shot me an email within about an hour saying they could get all the above, just give them a call when ready. Sorry local boys, no 5/4hooded or long sleeve spring orders for you. Now all I need is a short sleeve full......on sale.......hint hint.(Posted on 4/21/2016) 2016-04-21
- O'Neill HyperFreak 3mm Wetsuit - 2015 Cleanline Surf is LegitReview by Bryce Bryce
RatingI want to thank Josh and the Cleanline Crew for making my experience an awesome one. Not only did the wetsuit come as ordered, but it came quickly and was packed well along with some other goodies! With service and support like Cleanline, I doubt I will buy another wetsuit from any where, but Cleanline. Thanks again and stay stoked!(Posted on 1/22/2016) 2016-01-22
- O'Neill HyperFreak 3mm Wetsuit - 2015 Excellent Excellent ExcellentReview by Chuck Chuck
RatingOnce I learned to squeeze into the top entry everything else fell in place. Just the right fit and a great suit.(Posted on 9/24/2015) 2015-09-24
- O'Neill HyperFreak 3mm Wetsuit - 2015 These guys rock!!Review by Sean Sean
RatingSick wetsuit. The material is light, flexible, and keeps me just as warm as my 3mm xcel. Also, the team at cleanlinesurf are awesome; they sent a hanger, stickers, wax, and candy.(Posted on 5/13/2015) 2015-05-13
- O'Neill HyperFreak 3mm Wetsuit - 2015 Everything was very very good!Review by Andres Andres
RatingExcellent product. I think oneill delivers the best wetsuits and the hyperfreak is really good. Warm and light. Flexible too!.(Posted on 3/25/2015) 2015-03-25
The best part was the service, they send me stickers, a hanger and some candy! With a thank you note.
- O'Neill HyperFreak 3mm Wetsuit - 2015 You guys are solidReview by Joedavis19 Joedavis19
RatingO'Neill puts out a solid product. Great fit, super comfy, extremely flexible and warm.(Posted on 2/27/2015) 2015-02-27
Thanks for the starbursts! Nice touch ;)
- O'Neill HyperFreak 3mm Wetsuit - 2015 ExcellentReview by morani103 morani103
Ratingexcellent service and product too(Posted on 2/19/2015) 2015-02-19
Write Your Own Review
The staff at Cleanline Surf specialize in sizing O'Neill Wetsuits. If you have never tried an O'Neill suit before, we strongly urge you to call us for expert advice on sizing. We do have a size chart available below, but please take it with a grain of salt. For the perfect fit the first time please call and speak with one of our wetsuit experts.
Full O’Neill Wetsuit Sizing Chart
GENERAL WARRANTY INFORMATION AND POLICY
If the product is found to be defective under normal use and proper care, O'Neill will repair or replace the product at our sole discretion. The decision to replace or repair a product is made by the O'Neill Warranty Department after receipt of the defective product. At no time does the O'Neill offer refunds. Defective product should be returned clean and dry, postage prepaid. Please include a note with product description, product defects, requested action, return address (be sure to include postal code, especially for Canadian addresses), daytime phone number with area code, customers name and a copy of the purchase receipt sent to the address below.
Suits without a copy of the purchase receipt will NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
- Products classified as seconds
- Fading from sunlight
- Materials over 1 year (from date of original purchase), or 90 days for accessories
- Repairs or alterations done by anyone other than O'Neill or an O'Neill authorized repair facility
- Warranty request without original receipt
Flat-Stitched Products, Glued and Blindstitched Products, and Fluid Seam Weld Products
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workmanship and materials.
Neoprene Dry Suits
- Limited 1-year warranty (from date of original purchase) on workman ship and materials (waterproof zipper excluded)
- Limited 90-day (from date of original purchase) warranty on workmanship and materials
GENERAL U.S. AND CANADA REPAIR INFORMATION
For repairs received from the dealer or end user, O'Neill offers:
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Stitched Suits
- 10 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Glued Suits
- 20 Business Day Turnaround for warranty Fluid Seam Welded Suits
- 30 Business Day Turnaround for all Non-Warranty Repairs
Repairs are to be returned clean and dry, postage paid. Please include the name and a daytime phone number with area code, return address, product description, and requested action.
Send Repairs To:
O'Neill U.S. Warranty Repair
1022 Bay Marina Drive, Suite 140B
National City, CA 91950
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy