People have been asking for years and now it's here. The Lib Tech Pickup Stick Surfboard is Lib's answer to those needing a little more. “The prettiest 9 footer that is 7’ long!” declares Mervin mastermind Mike Olson. Offering a mid length ride and slightly more volume than the Extension Ramp, the Pickup Stick is an incredibly versatile shape. A board that can be used by everyone from the skinny beginner to the bigger ripper, the Pickup Stick perfectly fills the gap between a shortboard and a longboard.
The “mid size” Pickup Stick has a smooth flowing shape and rocker that is combined with a single to double to flat tail contour for high performance shortboard style maneuvers and a concave for nose riding lift, refined but forgiving rails and great volume all add up to non stop wave catching performance/fun. Bulletproof Lib Tech Waterboard construction makes this everyday shape the ultimate travel board! You can count on it getting to where you are going in one piece and it maximizes the fun no matter what the conditions; soft, roping, barreling, big, small or anything in between.
“A timeless shape that will always have a place in your quiver.”– Jay Larson
“You will constantly be picking it up because it is so versatile and fun… it works in all conditions and picks up every wave you want to ride.”– Pete Saari
Continuing the journey to provide the world's best surfboard construction, Lib Tech remains dedicated to a focus on performance and environmentally friendly manufacturing. Lib Tech's unique Waterboard process, materials, and shapes makes use of wind and water generated power, uses no solvents and creates zero hazardous waste. The result is an impact resistant surfboard that holds the best characteristics from both epoxy and polyester construction.
Using Lib Tech's Eco ISO-Tropic Thermo Pressure Fusion System, the waterproof NitrogeneCell Foam Core is married with Basalt Fibers and a Hexzylon Fiberfoam Skin for a smooth and durable board. The Carbon Power Spine Composite Stringer is a unidirectional 12K carbon fiber addition that is pre-tensioned from tip to tail, enhancing the surfboard’s recoil. The Hexzylon Fibrefoam is now laminated on each side of the Carbon Power Spine functionally creating a Variable Flex Gradient Top Skin that pinpoints and caters to areas wanting more flexibility and areas needing more rigidity. Dang difficult to ding and environmentally responsible, Lib Tech Waterboards are a big step ahead in the surfboard industry.
Lib Tech Basalt Carbon Construction
- Waterproof NitrogeneCell Foam Core has elliptical engineered cells that act like a column providing stiffness from top to bottom and “nerf-like” elasticity
- Pure additive-free Basalt mineral fiber with natural dampening properties
- Carbon Power Spine Composite Stringer spreads tension, rebounds energy and delivers long lasting flex
- Vibration absorbing and ding resistant Hexzylon Fibrefoam Top Skin with Variable Flex Gradient
- Low VOC glycerin based Bio-Matrix Resin
- Elasto Perimeter Dampening Fiber rails provides strength, pop and flex control
- Crush and dent resistant Spock Blocks for long lasting performance and pop
- Freedom Of Choice adjustable slot fin system with 5/8” performance tuning ability fits many 2-tab and some solid base fins
- Super light fiber-composite leash cup with anodized 6061 T6 aircraft aluminum pin
- Every board is handcrafted by surfers near Canada in the USA
*Do to variables in our shipments from the Lib Tech warehouse, the logo colors may not be exactly the same as the images you see on our website.
- Lib Tech Surfboards 7'0" Pickup Stick Surfboard Great boardReview by Curt Curt
RatingI wasn't too surprised that this board was going to be a lot of fun. Catches waves pretty easily, rides like a short board, nose shape is pretty forgiving on late fast drops. Something I wish Lib would of kept the channeled rails. After a couple of days owning it, I went out to my garage to discover that my board fell about 8 feet to the floor. I took it out of the thin day bag and to my surprise just a couple of cracks on the tail nothing serious that a little epoxy couldn't fix. It's one heck of a tough Board! I'm 220lbs 5-11 and floats me perfectly.(Posted on 3/26/2017) 2017-03-26