Given a chance, the Lib Tech Short Round Surfboard just might become your new favorite high performance hybrid. Sporting a nice full outline with a wide forward point, the shape of the Short Round makes paddling easy and takes off fluid and smooth. Once on the face, the combination of low entry rocker and wide-ish nose blended with the generous concave create a speedy little board that runs down the line fast and furious.
A sweet option for filling the gap between true groveler and classic shortboard, the Short Round has features from the contest world fused with a design for the everyday surfer. The modern bump squash tail, the double concave between fins, the moderate rocker, they collectively work together to forge a shape that can do it all in average day to day conditions. The lightweight Lib Tech materials and proven durability mean the Short Round is sure to deliver reliable performance for session after session of enjoyment.
THEY WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT SURFBOARDS
Each of the 31 pieces used to construct Lib-Tech surfboards are new materials to the surf industry. 30 years experience crafting and riding high performance environmentally friendly composite surf, skate and snowboards went into designing Lib-Tech's unique Waterboard process, materials, and shapes. Each fused homogeneous surf structure is handcrafted in the USA with a focus on performance and environmentally friendly manufacturing and materials. Only the stainless steel fin screws remain the same. Waterboarding is now fun and healthy!
- Max Strength and Pop!
- Strong: Nitrogen filled engineered elongated cells structure
- Completely waterproof: Closed cell, does not absorb water
- Recycled: 25-40% recycled content, 100% of off cuts recycled
HEXZYLON FIBER FOAM SKIN
- Strong and Smooth!
- Vibration absorption layer that also greatly enhances ding resistance and break strength, meaning these boards have a silky, smooth ride even in choppy conditions… like a musical instrument with fine tuned acoustics.
- Impact and ding resistant
WOVEN BASALT FIBER
- Smooth and Strong!
- Pure additive-free mineral fiber
- Inherent dampening properties
- Break and impact resistant, resists heel dents
- Strong and Nice!
- Low VOC glycerin based chemistry
- LVR43 HIGH REBOUND MATRIX has higher elongation, extreme ding resistance, and responsive rebound
- Best qualities of polyester
- Longer lifespan than epoxy
FOC ADJUSTABLE SLOT FIN SYSTEM
- Fin Freedom!
- 5/8" Performance tuning adjustability
- Lightest, toughest box on the market
- Fits many 2-tab & some solid base fins
ELASTO PERIMETER DAMPENING FIBER
- Smooth and Strong!
- The metallic fibers on the rails are rubberized to give the boards a silky smooth ride even in choppy conditions, and are Dang Difficult 2 Ding (2D2D)
- Flex control and Precision
- Crush Resistant!
- Long lasting performance
LIB TECH LEASH PLUG
- Better Basics!
- 6061 T6 Aircraft aluminum pins
- Lightweight fiber composite cup
- More durable: Lasts longer, less dings, less boards in landfills.
- Recycled foam core: 25% - 40% recycled content in blank.
- Blank scraps all recycled.
- Elimination of hazardous resin systems.
- Non ozone depleting blowing agent.
- 100% closed cell foam won't absorb water... won't rot.
- Basalt fiber: no additives, no boron.
- No sandpaper.
- No paint brushes.
- No tape.
- No solvents except water.
HANDCRAFTED IN THE USA
- Every waterboard is hand made by surfers in the USA near Canada at the world's most environMENTAL board factory!
*THIS LIB TECH SURFBOARD DOES NOT INCLUDE FINS**
***PHOTOS SHOWN ARE STOCK IMAGES!!!***
- Lib Tech Surfboards - 6'0" Short Round Surfboard Really can't find anything wrong with this board.Review by Nicko Nicko
RatingI'm 6'1", 200 lbs and consistently ride in 4-6 ft. with a 4/3 suit in the northwest. I picked this board up in Oregon and am very happy with it. Lots of power around the corners (thruster setup) and it drives down the wave really well for its size. I'd say it feels a little bit bigger than 34L. It's easy to jump on everything; from the small to the mid size. Only ridden on it 5 times, so I can't speak on how well it's remains "dingless".(Posted on 5/17/2016) 2016-05-17
- Lib Tech Surfboards - 6'0" Short Round Surfboard It's a Winner!Review by Tim M Tim M
RatingBest board I've ever owned. Got the 6'0", I'm 6'3" 170 Lbs. The board is 34 CL but it feels more like 35+ CL to me. Lib Tech claims that their materials are lighter so take that into account. I have a 34.5 CL Al Merrick and the Short Round feels more floaty. This board is a wave catcher for sure, I was surprised how easily I slipped into waves that i've sort of become accustomed to missing. I knew immediately after the first wave I was going to love this thing. It turns on a dime and is pretty damn fast. I'm goofy footed and I tend to lay into my front foot a lot and this board loves that. Full drive ahead. One of my worries about getting a non PU construction was the vibration and would this thing live up to the hype that it has a PU like flex. Well it does live up to it's claims, I honestly can't tell the difference. Perhaps if I something more than an intermediate surfer I might be able to tell but I've had epoxy boards in the bast and those I could absolutely feel the difference. So yeah, this is a great board and for all that you get at about the same price point as a standard construction.. I can't really see going back. Strong, light, performance, eco friendly.. what's not to love?(Posted on 5/11/2016) 2016-05-11
- Lib Tech Surfboards - 6'0" Short Round Surfboard Wow! Perfect board.Review by CenCal Surfer CenCal Surfer
RatingSuper fun! Has become my quiver killer. Thanks to Brian at Cleanline for helping me pick this out. Stats: bought 6'0", me: 5'10" 165lbs, intermediate surfer. Great paddle power and brilliant wave catcher. Snappy in the turns, can get loose in the tail. Have ridden both quad set up and thruster. Prefer the thruster for most days, but quads on small days. Board picks up a lot of speed with the quad set up. I could ramble on, but I'll just say...buy one. You won't regret it.(Posted on 5/8/2016) 2016-05-08
- Lib Tech Surfboards - 6'0" Short Round Surfboard Superfast and just feels naturalReview by Michael S Michael S
RatingI have the LibTech PuddleJumper (5'7") and just got the ShortRound (6'0"). Both are great boards, but the ShortRound felt even more natural. It did not take any getting used to. It's so perfectly balanced. No extreme measurements like the PJs thickness or width.(Posted on 3/30/2016) 2016-03-30
The ShortRound has great glide and catches waves with ease. Could use a tiny bit more nose rocker IMO.
LibTech construction is great because I usually bang my board somewhere in the garage or the house, and I like that you don't get surface dings from just sitting on it. Don't let it bang you on the head though after a wipeout.
Only drawback is still that I prefer Futures. I have the Mayhem Thrusters in it and they work, but renders all my other Futures useless.
This ShortRound immediately became my go-to board. Glad they are so rugged, otherwise I'd buy another one just for backup.
(I wish the pics on the site would display the exact logo color per size. Plus there is a black carbon stringer overlaid on the top of the board, not shown even on LibTech's site)