The smallest of the Lib Tech Surfboards Puddle Jumper Series, the 5'1 sounds almost too short, but in this template, the 5'1 makes big fun. The perfect size for smaller built surfers and groms, this shape allows you to go anywhere on a wave while keeping complete control. The Puddle Jumper is a planing surface speeder. Domestic bliss with a twist. The wide outline makes for easy wave catching and down the line glide and stability. The concave bottom adds lift and increased rail curve, which allows radical top to bottom surfing. The straight rail line and vee in the tail keep the board moving forward and hold in during hard carving maneuvers.
“This is the most excited I have ever been about a small wave surfboard.”– Matt Biolos
Continuing the journey to provide the world's best surfboard construction, Lib Tech remains dedicated to a focus on performance and environmentally friendly manufacturing. Lib Tech's unique Waterboard process, materials, and shapes makes use of wind and water generated power, uses no solvents and creates zero hazardous waste. The result is an impact resistant surfboard that holds the best characteristics from both epoxy and polyester construction.
Using Lib Tech's Eco ISO-Tropic Thermo Pressure Fusion System, the waterproof NitrogeneCell Foam Core is married with Basalt Fibers and a Hexzylon Fiberfoam Skin for a smooth and durable board. The Carbon Power Spine Composite Stringer is a unidirectional 12K carbon fiber addition that is pre-tensioned from tip to tail, enhancing the surfboard’s recoil. The Hexzylon Fibrefoam is now laminated on each side of the Carbon Power Spine functionally creating a Variable Flex Gradient Top Skin that pinpoints and caters to areas wanting more flexibility and areas needing more rigidity. Dang difficult to ding and environmentally responsible, Lib Tech Waterboards are a big step ahead in the surfboard industry.
Lib Tech Basalt Carbon Construction
- Waterproof NitrogeneCell Foam Core has elliptical engineered cells that act like a column providing stiffness from top to bottom and “nerf-like” elasticity
- Pure additive-free Basalt mineral fiber with natural dampening properties
- Carbon Power Spine Composite Stringer spreads tension, rebounds energy and delivers long lasting flex
- Vibration absorbing and ding resistant Hexzylon Fibrefoam Top Skin with Variable Flex Gradient
- Low VOC glycerin based Bio-Matrix Resin
- Elasto Perimeter Dampening Fiber rails provides strength, pop and flex control
- Crush and dent resistant Spock Blocks for long lasting performance and pop
- Freedom Of Choice adjustable slot fin system with 5/8” performance tuning ability fits many 2-tab and some solid base fins
- Super light fiber-composite leash cup with anodized 6061 T6 aircraft aluminum pin
- Every board is handcrafted by surfers near Canada in the USA
*Do to variables in our shipments from the Lib Tech warehouse, the logo colors may not be exactly the same as the images you see on our website.