GoPro HERO4 Silver: Pro-quality capture. Touch-display convenience.
Capture your world in an all-new way with HERO4 Silver, the first-ever GoPro to feature a built-in touch display. Controlling the camera, framing shots and playing back content is now ultra convenient—just view, tap and swipe the screen. HERO4 Silver captures 1080p60 and 720p120 video with lifelike clarity, plus 12MP photos at a staggering 30 frames per second. New experience-enhancing features include HiLight Tag, which lets you mark key moments for easy playback, editing and sharing, and QuikCapture, which allows you to power on the camera and start recording with the press of a single button. Waterproof to 131’ (40m), HERO4 Silver combines versatility and pro-quality capture with the convenience of a touch display.
Includes Mounts for your Surfboard or SUP
From fun summertime peelers at your local break to perfect almond-eye barrels in Indo—the included Surfboard Mount allows you to capture immersive POV footage of your session. The FCS plug mount can be used to attach the camera to an FCS center fin socket, while the camera tether adds an extra layer of security in heavy surf.
Built-in Touch Display
HERO4 Silver is the first-ever GoPro to feature an integrated touch display. Use it to preview photos and videos to frame your perfect shot. Play back content, and relive the moment instantly. Easily navigate camera menus and adjust settings—just tap and swipe the screen.
Professional Video Quality
Featuring an enhanced sensor, HERO4 Silver boasts even better image quality than any of the best-selling GoPro cameras that came before it. Capture stunning 1080p60 video that’s sharper and more lifelike than ever. High-resolution, high frame rate 720p120 and 960p100 video delivers exceptionally smooth slow-motion playback of all your highlights. 4K and 2.7K video offers ultra high-resolution, cinema-quality capture.
Fast, Powerful Photo Capture
With 12MP Burst photos at a blistering 30 frames per second, HERO4 Silver helps you capture the moments you don’t want to miss. Capture single photos, or choose Time Lapse mode to shoot photos automatically at set time intervals from 0.5 to 60 seconds—great for gear-mounted shots when the shutter button is out of reach.
New Settings for After Dark
Capture the night sky in a whole new way. New Night Photo and Night Lapse modes offer customizable exposure settings of up to 30 seconds for single and Time Lapse photos. Whether you’re shooting the Milky Way or a campfire hangout, Night Photo and Night Lapse allow you to you capture ultra low-light scenes like never before.
Control, View and Share with Built-in Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
HERO4 Silver features built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth®, allowing you to connect to the GoPro App, Smart Remote and more. The GoPro App transforms your phone or tablet into a live video remote for your camera, offering full control of all functions and settings, easy shot preview and playback, plus sharing via text, email, Facebook and more. The Smart Remote allows you to control multiple GoPro cameras from distances of up to 600’ (180m).
HiLight Tag Your Best Moments
HiLight Tag, a new HERO4 feature, enables you to mark key moments while recording so you can quickly locate your best clips later for convenient playback, editing or sharing using the GoPro App or GoPro Studio. Just press the dedicated button on the camera or Smart Remote, or use the GoPro App to tag your highlights.
World’s Most Immersive Video
HERO4 Silver features SuperView™, a GoPro-exclusive video mode that captures the world’s most immersive wide-angle perspective. It allows you to capture more of yourself and your surroundings in the shot—resulting in captivating, ultra engaging footage of every adventure.
Auto Low Light Mode
Let the camera do the thinking for you. Auto Low Light mode intelligently changes frame rates based on lighting conditions for optimal low-light performance, enabling you to move between bright and dark environments without having to adjust your camera settings.
Be ready to capture the moment at a moment’s notice with new QuikCapture mode. It turns your GoPro into a one-button camera, allowing you to power on and start recording automatically with the press of a single button. Press once to record video, press and hold for two seconds to capture Time Lapse photos. Never worry again about missing an epic shot.
Impressive Audio Performance
Featuring a powerful new audio system, HERO4 Silver captures clean, high fidelity sound. Its cutting-edge microphone delivers nearly 2x the dynamic range, while a best-in-class audio algorithm ensures your recordings sound smoother and more natural than ever. For added performance, the camera is compatible with a variety of external mics when using the optional 3.5mm Mic Adapter.
Protune, now for Photo + Video.
Protune unlocks the camera’s full potential, delivering minimally compressed, cinema-caliber video optimized for professional productions, and advanced manual controls for photos and video. Flex your creativity with customizable settings for Color, ISO Limit, White Balance, Sharpness and Exposure—and enjoy the greatest degree of manual control available in a GoPro camera.
Improved Camera Control
HERO4 Silver features a new dedicated button that allows you to quickly access and adjust camera settings. Simplified menus make navigating settings more intuitive than ever.
GoPro App + Software
Expand your GoPro experience with the free GoPro App and GoPro Studio software. The GoPro App allows you to control your camera remotely using your phone or tablet, view and share your content and watch “best of” videos on the GoPro Channel. Use GoPro Studio to create your own engaging GoPro-style videos to share with the world.
- HERO4 Silver Camera with Built-In Touch Display
- Standard Housing 131’(40m)
- Skeleton + Touch Backdoors
- Rechargeable Battery
- Surfboard Mount
- FCS Plug Mount
- Camera Tether
- Quick Release Buckles
- 3-Way Pivot Arm (Mounting Hardware)
- Weight- Camera: 83g (2.9oz); Camera with housing: 147g (5.2oz)
- Video Format- H.264 codec, .mp4 file format
- Looping- Record a continuous video loop that overwrites itself until you press the shutter button to stop it and save.
- SuperView- SuperView video mode captures the world's most immersive wide-angle perspective. It allows you to capture more of yourself and your surroundings in the shot, and it provides full widescreen playback.
- Auto Low Light- Auto Low Light mode automatically adjusts frame rates according to lighting conditions for enhanced low-light performance. Frame rates are adjusted in medium- and low-light conditions. Playback occurs at the selected resolution and frame rate.
- Photo Resolutions- 12MP (Default), Wide = 4000 x 3000 Screen Resolution; 7MP, Wide or Medium = 3000 x 2250 Screen Resolution; 5MP, Medium = 2560 x 1920 Screen Resolution
- Continuous Photo (up to 30 seconds)- Hold down the shutter button to continuously capture a series of photos until shutter button is released. 3 photos/1 second (Default); 5 photos/1 second; 10 photos/1 second.
- White Balance- Adjusts the overall color tone of videos and photos.
- Battery + Charging- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery. Rated at 1160mAH, 3.8V, 4.4Wh
- Internal Microphone- Mono; AAC compression, advanced AGC with multi-band compressor. Studio quality external microphone support.
- Ports- Mini USB, Micro HDMI, MicroSD
- Storage- microSD memory card with a Class 10 or UHS-1 rating required. Up to 64GB capacity supported. Record times vary with resolutions and frame rates
- Minimum system requirements for best playback on Mac and Windows computers: Mac OS® X 10.8 and later / Microsoft Windows 7, 8.x; Intel Core 2 Duo or Intel Dual Core; 4GB RAM; Mac: Graphics card shipped with Intel® Dual Core™ Macs or better / Windows: Graphics card that supports OpenGL1.2 or later; 5400 RPM internal hard drive (7200 RPM drive or SSD recommended)
Write Your Own Review
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy