The Surf Convertible's lightweight, comfort, low-profile design and convertibility make it the best choice for surfers. This model features foam forehead coverage that adds additional protection. Flexible ear protectors automatically adapt to your face size and shape and are removable to suit temperature or user preference, and audio vents are fully adjustable. Fit can be customized with comfort strips to achieve a fit that offers maximum comfort and stability.
Added Forehead Protection
Molded high-density foam padding adds protective insulation from bumps, helps hold helmet in proper position, and adds sizing element for optimal fit.
The low volume, lightweight, rounded shell shape helps protect from the effects of “bucketing” water or from “snagging” the reef, a leash, or your board.
More Secure, Suction Cup Fit
Molded, closed-cell liner and peel-and-stick comfort fit strips allow you to achieve real comfort, security and proper fitting of head shape.
Wear It and Forget It Comfort
Flexible fitting ear protectors adjust to you! Ear protectors are removable to accommodate warm temperature or your style. Four-point attachment keeps Gath secure with or without ear protectors.
First Class Materials
The Surf Convertible’s shell is high impact resistant, quality ABS plastic. The molded closed-cell foam liner is comfortable and non-absorbent. Non-corrosive components and adhesives mean long-lasting durability and low maintenance.
The Surf Convertible without ear pockets weighs only 280-305 grams (.62 lb.-.67 lb.), depending on size. Ear pockets add 60 grams (.19 lb) per set. You might forget you’re wearing it!
Communication and Entertainment Compatibility
Gath ear protectors will accommodate waterproof speakers and microphones for use with one or two-way radios and waterproof MP-3 players. Call for additional information.
1. To provide maximum coverage that will STAY PUT (resist dislodging or displacement due to bucketing, rocks or snags), even after the second or third "hit" or "bump."
2. To be easily adjustable to fit head size and shape.
3. To be light weight (360-420g) and low profile so that it will not cause unnecessary water resistance and/or neck strain.
4. To be versatile, adjustable for water or weather conditions.
5. To be durable (multiple impact) and low maintenance (easy-to-clean, fast-to-dry liner, marine quality components).
Gath helmets are made from quality materials to strict specifications. They are built to last and are backed with a 3-year warranty. All materials are strong, durable, rust proof and will withstand harsh climate conditions and temperature extremes.
• Shell: UV-stable, impact-resistant, quality ABS plastic.
• See-Through Visors: UV-stable, shatterproof, quality polycarbonate plastic.
• Peak Visor: UV-stable, shatterproof, flexible, quality nylon plastic.
• Liner: Multi-impact EVA closed cell foam.
• Comfort Strip: Soft, closed-cell EVA foam.
• Fittings: All Gath helmet custom-built screws and rivets are made from strong non-corrosive, saltwater-resistant materials.
• Retention system: Made using non-stretch, standards-approved webbing, standards-approved quick-release buckles for a secure retention and are fitted with a neoprene anti-rash sleeve for added comfort.
Please note that neither the included peak visor, nor any optional visor, should be worn for skydiving, as the visors were not designed for the extreme speeds involved in skydiving.
Orange size XXL is always a special order item.
- Gath Surf Convertible don't notice itReview by Fred Fred
RatingI love this thing, i have been using it in the surf and I forget that it's on my head before i'm in the water, and it stays put through all the wipeouts.(Posted on 12/5/2013) 2013-12-05
Write Your Own Review
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2015.