Be safe and comfortable wearing the Gath Surf Convertible Helmet anytime you are playing hard in the water. If you want head protection without ear coverage and as little bulk as possible, the Gath Surf Convertible with detachable ear pockets will provide you a smart balance between impact head protection and lightweight comfort. The Surf Convertible's lightweight, low-profile design and convertibility make it the best choice for surfers.
The Surf Convertible features foam forehead coverage that adds additional protection. Flexible ear protectors automatically adapt to your face size and shape and are removable to suit temperature or user preference, and audio vents are fully adjustable. Fit can be customized with comfort strips to achieve a fit that offers maximum comfort and stability.
- Added Forehead Protection - Molded high-density foam padding adds protective insulation from bumps, helps hold helmet in proper position, and adds sizing element for optimal fit.
- Neck Protection - The low volume, lightweight, rounded shell shape helps protect from the effects of "bucketing" water or from "snagging" the reef, a leash, or your board.
- More Secure, Suction Cup Fit - Molded, closed-cell liner and peel-and-stick comfort fit strips allow you to achieve real comfort, security and proper fitting of head shape.
- Wear It and Forget It Comfort - Flexible fitting ear protectors adjust to you! Ear protectors are removable to accommodate warm temperature or your style. Four-point attachment keeps Gath secure with or without ear protectors.
- First Class Materials - The Surf Convertible's shell is high impact resistant, quality ABS plastic. The molded closed-cell foam liner is comfortable and non-absorbent. Non-corrosive components and adhesives mean long-lasting durability and low maintenance.
- Ultra-lightweight - The Surf Convertible without ear pockets weighs only 280-305 grams (.62 lb.-.67 lb.), depending on size. Ear pockets add 60 grams (.19 lb) per set. You might forget you're wearing it!
- Communication and Entertainment Compatibility - Gath ear protectors will accommodate waterproof speakers and microphones for use with one or two-way radios and waterproof MP-3 players.
- Gath Surf Convertible Helmet don't notice itReview by Fred Fred
RatingI love this thing, i have been using it in the surf and I forget that it's on my head before i'm in the water, and it stays put through all the wipeouts.(Posted on 12/5/2013) 2013-12-05
Write Your Own Review
For a proper helmet fit check out the Gath Surf Convertible Helmet Size Chart available below. If you've never worn a water helmet before or are uncertain about your sizing, don't be afraid to give us a ring and the staff at Cleanline Surf will be standing by ready to assist you in finding the perfect fit.
|Helmet Size||Comfort Strip Fitted||Additional Strip(s) Included||Shell Size||Liner Size||Fits Head Size mm||Fits Head Size Inches||American Hat Size|
|XS||12mm||10mm||Small||Sm/Med||525 - 540||20 3/4 - 21 1/4||6 5/8 - 6 3/4|
|S||7.5mm||9mm & 10.5mm||Small||Sm/Med||540 - 555||21 1/4 - 22||7 - 7 1/8|
|M||4.5mm||6mm||Small||Sm/Med||560 - 575||22 1/4 - 22 7/8||7 1/8 - 7 1/4|
|L||7.5mm||9mm & 10.5mm||Large||Lg/XL||580 - 595||22 7/8 - 23 1/4||7 1/4 - 7 3/8|
|XL||4.5mm||6mm & 7.5mm||Large||Lg/XL||595 - 605||23 1/4 - 23 1/2||7 3/8 - 7 1/2|
*Chart is a guide only as head shapes vary. Measurements should be taken mid-forehead, just above the ears.
Gath 3-year Warranty
Gath products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for three years from the date of purchase, provided they are used as intended and the care instructions are strictly followed. This warranty does not cover scratches to the Gath or the effects of overexposure to heat.
Contact Cleanline Surf for friendly, knowledgeable advice and assistance.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy