The Gath Sport Hat (SH) helmet, formerly known as the Pro Surf, features foam forehead protection, adjustable audio vents, and fine tuning fit options. Long favored for its simplicity, low volume, excellent head and ear coverage, it is the favorite of many surfers and other watersports enthusiasts who prefer it over the Surf Convertible and Gedi Convertible models. Sky divers also appreciate the low volume, aerodynamic shape and the altimeter bracket option. Weight: 325-350g.
Correct fit is critical. It needs to fit snugly around the head and ears, tight enough not to move around, yet still be comfortable. Have someone else measure around your head at forehead level using a cloth tape measure; a metal tape measure will not give an accurate measurement. In general, front-to-rear stability is more important than side-to-side.
The comfort strip fitting system is very versatile. Be creative with different padding combinations and configurations to customize the fit to your head shape. Some customers even lift the internal liner flaps and put segments of comfort strips underneath, using the self-adhesive back to stick them to the shell.
1. To provide maximum coverage that will STAY PUT (resist dislodging or displacement due to bucketing, rocks or snags), even after the second or third "hit" or "bump."
2. To be easily adjustable to fit head size and shape.
3. To be light weight (360-420g) and low profile so that it will not cause unnecessary water resistance and/or neck strain.
4. To be versatile, adjustable for water or weather conditions.
5. To be durable (multiple impact) and low maintenance (easy-to-clean, fast-to-dry liner, marine quality components).
Gath helmets are made from quality materials to strict specifications. They are built to last and are backed with a 3-year warranty. All materials are strong, durable, rust proof and will withstand harsh climate conditions and temperature extremes.
• Shell: UV-stable, impact-resistant, quality ABS plastic.
• See-Through Visors: UV-stable, shatterproof, quality polycarbonate plastic.
• Peak Visor: UV-stable, shatterproof, flexible, quality nylon plastic.
• Liner: Multi-impact EVA closed cell foam.
• Comfort Strip: Soft, closed-cell EVA foam.
• Fittings: All Gath helmet custom-built screws and rivets are made from strong non-corrosive, saltwater-resistant materials.
• Retention system: Made using non-stretch, standards-approved webbing, standards-approved quick-release buckles for a secure retention and are fitted with a neoprene anti-rash sleeve for added comfort.
Please note that neither the included peak visor, nor any optional visor, should be worn for skydiving, as the visors were not designed for the extreme speeds involved in skydiving.
Orange size XXL is always a special order item.
Write Your Own Review
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2015.