Protect your head with the Gath Sport Hat Helmet when you are going full speed in the water. This impact-resistant, quality ABS plastic helmet is a must have for water-sports enthusiasts who want safety without bulk or weight. This helmet is versatile, durable and is adjustable for water or weather conditions. Even sky divers appreciate the low volume, aerodynamic shape and the altimeter bracket option. Resistant to dislodging or displacement due to bucketing, rocks or snags even after the second or third "hit" or "bump", this is a helmet that will keep you safe time and time again.The Sport Hat was developed to be easily adjustable, to be light weight and low profile, and to provide maximum coverage that will STAY PUT. Made using non-stretch, standards-approved webbing and standards-approved quick-release buckles for a secure retention and fitted with a neoprene anti-rash sleeve for added comfort. All Gath helmet custom-built screws and rivets are made from strong non-corrosive, saltwater-resistant materials making these helmets low maintenance and easy-to-clean. Featuring foam forehead protection, adjustable audio vents, and fine tuning fit options, the Sport Hat will be long favored for its simplicity, low volume, excellent head and ear coverage.
- Impact Resistant Construction - Made strong, durable, and rust proof, the UV-stable, quality ABS plastic will withstand harsh climate conditions and temperature extremes. Multi-impact EVA closed cell foam liner with closed-cell EVA foam comfort strips.
- Added Forehead Protection - Molded high-density foam padding adds protective insulation from bumps, helps hold helmet in proper position, and adds sizing element for optimal fit.
- Neck Protection - The low volume, lightweight, rounded shell shape helps protect from the effects of "bucketing" water or from "snagging" the reef, a leash, or your board.
- More Secure, Suction Cup Fit - Molded, closed-cell liner and peel-and-stick comfort fit strips allow you to achieve real comfort, security and proper fitting of head shape.
- Wear It and Forget It Comfort - The comfort strip fitting system is very versatile. Be creative with different padding combinations and configurations to customize the fit to your head shape. Some customers even lift the internal liner flaps and put segments of comfort strips underneath, using the self-adhesive back to stick them to the shell.
- Lightweight Protection - The Sport Hat weighs 325-350 grams, depending on size.
*Please note that neither the included peak visor, nor any optional visor, should be worn for skydiving, as the visors were not designed for the extreme speeds involved in skydiving.
- Gath Sport Hat Helmet Brain bucket goodnessReview by butnut butnut
RatingDecided to get this helmet after I hit the reef hard with my noggin. Yeah, day late and a dollar short, lol. Tore half my scalp off, 28 staples, arrived at the OR in critical due to massive blood loss. Lucky I didn't break my neck or crack my skull. Also lucky to have great health insurance coverage, got my bill...$38,500.00. I pay a small percentage of that. Looking at the construction of the Gath, the sturdy shell and semi-rigid lining/padding... this would have saved me a trip to the hospital....at least in this accident. I've surfed this break over 40 years, know it well, and got banged up a few times, enough to get a few stitches over the decades, but this was a doozie, and just a freak accident. Shit happens, so I'll be prepared...just in case. Don't have to hit me over the head twice...won't leave home without it now. Perfect, secure fit BTW, light too! Stay safe and go surf...aloha(Posted on 7/27/2016) 2016-07-27
- Gath Sport Hat Helmet Slim look great designReview by Aufgeiler Aufgeiler
RatingLove this item. It's sleek slim design does not detract from it's rugged practicality.(Posted on 6/4/2015) 2015-06-04
Looks and feels great!
Write Your Own Review
For a proper helmet fit check out the Gath Sport Hat Helmet Size Chart available below. If you've never worn a water helmet before or are uncertain about your sizing, don't be afraid to give us a ring and the staff at Cleanline Surf will be standing by ready to assist you in finding the perfect fit.
|Helmet Size||Comfort Strip Fitted||Additional Strip(s) Included||Fits Head Size mm||Fits Head Size Inches||American Hat Size|
|XS||12mm||10mm||525 - 540||20 3/4 - 21 1/4||6 5/8 - 6 3/4|
|S||7.5mm||9mm & 10.5mm||540 - 555||21 1/4 - 22||7 - 7 1/8|
|M||4.5mm||6mm||560 - 575||22 1/4 - 22 7/8||7 1/8 - 7 1/4|
|L||9mm||10.5mm||580 - 590||22 7/8 - 23 3/8||7 1/4 - 7 3/8|
|XL||4.5mm||6mm & 7.5mm||595 - 610||23 3/8 - 23 5/8||7 3/8 - 7 1/2|
*Chart is a guide only as head shapes vary. Measurements should be taken mid-forehead, just above the ears.
Gath 3-year Warranty
Gath products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for three years from the date of purchase, provided they are used as intended and the care instructions are strictly followed. This warranty does not cover scratches to the Gath or the effects of overexposure to heat.
Contact Cleanline Surf for friendly, knowledgeable advice and assistance.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy