Made ready for high intensity water activities, the Gath Gedi Convertible Helmet has the protection and durability you need in a water helmet. Built from impact-resistant, quality ABS plastic, this multi-functional head protection has the ability to be used with or without a visor as well as with or without ear protectors making it one of the most versatile water helmets available. Having met all of the requirements for field of vision, extent of coverage, shock absorbing capacity, retention system performance, buoyancy and durability, the Gedi is trusted by the Coast Guard, Water Police, Sea Rescue and more.The Gedi Helmet was developed to be completely convertible, to be light weight and low profile, and to provide maximum coverage that will STAY PUT. Made using non-stretch, standards-approved webbing and standards-approved quick-release buckles for a secure retention and fitted with a neoprene anti-rash sleeve for added comfort. All Gath helmet custom-built screws and rivets are made from strong non-corrosive, saltwater-resistant materials making these helmets low maintenance and easy-to-clean. Offering adaptability and safety, the Gedi Convertible is a premium choice for any rescue personnel or water sports fanatic wanting to avoid the risk of injury.
- Impact Resistant Construction - Made strong, durable, and rust proof, the UV-stable, quality ABS plastic will withstand harsh climate conditions and temperature extremes. Multi-impact EVA closed cell foam liner with closed-cell EVA foam comfort strips.
- Peak Visor - UV-stable, shatterproof, flexible, quality nylon plastic visor offers sun and impact protection when in use or can be easily removed.
- Wear It and Forget It Comfort - Flexible fitting ear protectors adjust to you! Ear protectors are removable to accommodate warm temperature or your style. Four-point attachment keeps Gath secure with or without ear protectors.
- Added Forehead Protection - Molded high-density foam padding adds protective insulation from bumps, helps hold helmet in proper position, and adds sizing element for optimal fit.
- Neck Protection - The low volume, lightweight, rounded shell shape helps protect from the effects of "bucketing" water or from "snagging" the reef, a leash, or your board.
- More Secure, Suction Cup Fit - Molded, closed-cell liner and peel-and-stick comfort fit strips allow you to achieve real comfort, security and proper fitting of head shape.
- Comfortable Fit System - The comfort strip fitting system is very versatile. Be creative with different padding combinations and configurations to customize the fit to your head shape. Some customers even lift the internal liner flaps and put segments of comfort strips underneath, using the self-adhesive back to stick them to the shell.
- Lightweight Protection- The Gedi weighs 360-420 grams, depending on size and accessories being used.
*Please note that neither the included peak visor, nor any optional visor, should be worn for skydiving, as the visors were not designed for the extreme speeds involved in skydiving.
**Orange size XXL is always a special order item.
- Gath Gedi Convertible Helmet Great Helmet!Review by Amanda Amanda
RatingThis helmet is great! It fits well---no headache after use--- and covers most of my head so I feel comfortable and protected in this helmet. The awesome customer support and fast shipping was a bonus, too!(Posted on 4/26/2016) 2016-04-26
- Gath Gedi Convertible Helmet Finally got a helmet to fit my headReview by wahl-e wahl-e
RatingTried a couple different helmets over the past year, but both gave me a headache after an hour or so - they were too short - from front to back - to fit my head. The Gath fits perfectly. (I did have to cut a small amount of foam out at the temple to clear my sunglasses, but I've had to do that on other helmets as well.)(Posted on 10/19/2015) 2015-10-19
- Gath Gedi Convertible Helmet A bodyboarder/photogs dream. Review by mushie pea mushie pea
RatingHave been wearing this helmet, gopro attached and not, for a month now in the shorebreak at Windansea in San Diego. The weight is just right and offers sun protection as well as brain. Cleanline worked with me until my misshapen head could be fit. While I feel somewhat like an egg over easy in whitewater (matt yellow) I feel my yolk is secure, ha.(Posted on 7/29/2015) 2015-07-29
- Gath Gedi Convertible Helmet Fine helmet for kiteboardingReview by kiteleroy kiteleroy
RatingAfter taking the usual number of kiteboarding crashes (and having worn helmets for skiing, snowboarding and biking) I decided to get a watersport brain bucket. However, with the exception of the Gath, other products fit, well, like a bucket. I was able to try a friend's Gath and determined that the Large was the right size. Granted the Gath is pricey, but for the comfortable fit and protection, I believe it's a value. The visor is a nice touch as it does provide some protection from the sun.(Posted on 7/8/2015) 2015-07-08
Write Your Own Review
For a proper helmet fit check out the Gath Gedi Helmet Size Chart available below or check out the Gedi Helmet Fitting and Sizing video under the product video tab. If you've never worn a water helmet before or are uncertain about your sizing, don't be afraid to give us a ring and the staff at Cleanline Surf will be standing by ready to assist you in finding the perfect fit.
|Helmet Size||Comfort Strip Fitted||Additional Strip(s) Included||Shell Size||Liner Size||Fits Head Size mm||Fits Head Size Inches||American Hat Size|
|S||10.5mm||12mm||Small||Sm/Med||540 - 555||21 1/4 - 21 7/8||6 3/4 - 7|
|M||7.5mm||9mm||Small||Sm/Med||560 - 575||22 - 22 5/8||7 - 7 1/4|
|L||4.5mm||6mm & 7.5mm||Small||Large||580 - 595||22 7/8 - 23 3/8||7 1/4 - 7 3/8|
|XL||7.5mm||9mm & 10.5mm||Large||XL-XXL||595 - 610||23 3/8 - 24||7 3/8 - 7 5/8|
|XXL||4.5mm||6mm||Large||XL-XXL||610 - 620||24 - 24 3/8||7 3/4 - 7 7/8|
|XXXL||4.5mm||6mm||Large||XXXL||620 - 630||24 3/8 - 24 7/8||7 7/8 - 8|
*Chart is a guide only as head shapes vary. Measurements should be taken mid-forehead, just above the ears.
Gath 3-year Warranty
Gath products are guaranteed to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for three years from the date of purchase, provided they are used as intended and the care instructions are strictly followed. This warranty does not cover scratches to the Gath or the effects of overexposure to heat.
Contact Cleanline Surf for friendly, knowledgeable advice and assistance.
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy