The Gath Gedi Convertible helmet is purpose-designed to meet the special requirements of extreme kayaking, kiteboarding, lifeguard and security personnel using PWC's, swift water rescue services and others. Design criteria: to provide the best coverage and the most impact protection, while still maintaining the low-profile, hydrodynamic shape required for high speed water entry. Ear protectors are removable and audio vents are fully adjustable.
The Gedi meets the CE EN 1385 standard, having met all of the requirements for field of vision, extent of coverage, shock absorbing capacity, retention system performance, buoyancy and durability.
The removable ribbed peak visor is included!
1. To provide maximum coverage that will STAY PUT (resist dislodging or displacement due to bucketing, rocks or snags), even after the second or third "hit" or "bump."
2. To be easily adjustable to fit head size and shape.
3. To be light weight (360-420g) and low profile so that it will not cause unnecessary water resistance and/or neck strain.
4. To be versatile, adjustable for water or weather conditions.
5. To be durable (multiple impact) and low maintenance (easy-to-clean, fast-to-dry liner, marine quality components).
Gath helmets are made from quality materials to strict specifications. They are built to last and are backed with a 3-year warranty. All materials are strong, durable, rust proof and will withstand harsh climate conditions and temperature extremes.
• Shell: UV-stable, impact-resistant, quality ABS plastic.
• See-Through Visors: UV-stable, shatterproof, quality polycarbonate plastic.
• Peak Visor: UV-stable, shatterproof, flexible, quality nylon plastic.
• Liner: Multi-impact EVA closed cell foam.
• Comfort Strip: Soft, closed-cell EVA foam.
• Fittings: All Gath helmet custom-built screws and rivets are made from strong non-corrosive, saltwater-resistant materials.
• Retention system: Made using non-stretch, standards-approved webbing, standards-approved quick-release buckles for a secure retention and are fitted with a neoprene anti-rash sleeve for added comfort.
Please note that neither the included peak visor, nor any optional visor, should be worn for skydiving, as the visors were not designed for the extreme speeds involved in skydiving.
Orange size XXL is always a special order item.
- Gath Gedi Convertible Helmet A bodyboarder/photogs dream. Review by mushie pea mushie pea
RatingHave been wearing this helmet, gopro attached and not, for a month now in the shorebreak at Windansea in San Diego. The weight is just right and offers sun protection as well as brain. Cleanline worked with me until my misshapen head could be fit. While I feel somewhat like an egg over easy in whitewater (matt yellow) I feel my yolk is secure, ha.(Posted on 7/29/2015) 2015-07-29
- Gath Gedi Convertible Helmet Fine helmet for kiteboardingReview by kiteleroy kiteleroy
RatingAfter taking the usual number of kiteboarding crashes (and having worn helmets for skiing, snowboarding and biking) I decided to get a watersport brain bucket. However, with the exception of the Gath, other products fit, well, like a bucket. I was able to try a friend's Gath and determined that the Large was the right size. Granted the Gath is pricey, but for the comfortable fit and protection, I believe it's a value. The visor is a nice touch as it does provide some protection from the sun.(Posted on 7/8/2015) 2015-07-08
Write Your Own Review
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy