John John Florence Signature Series Techflex:
John John Florence has been a surfing icon for years. Growing up on the sands of Oahu's North Shore, he's been in the thick of the surfing world for well over a decade now. He's 20. He's been riding Futures just as long. The impact he's had on the surf industry over the last few years is unlike anyone else before him. Qualifying for the ASP World Tour and then winning the Triple Crown, three in a row at the Pipe Pro, a World Tour event, Rookie of the Year, the Air-Strike, the Exposure Meter and the hearts of fans the world over, its been a blur of JJF. And have you seen his movies???
John's been prototyping his signature fin throughout the entire span of this run. The initial concepts came from his favorite F4 Techflex, but his life on the ASP World Tour and a late teen growth spurt required much more area than he was riding in 2011. Per him, the fin was to be a Techflex, and black. Of course, Futures added some color. They also added base and reduced tip area. Drive, release and control were the primary measures, and John's effortless style proves high marks in each field.
- Size: Medium
- Fins in set: 3
- Material: Techflex
- Two sided graphics: The left side of each fin features a blue spray graphic along with John John’s custom "X" signature on the center fin and a taped off "X" for the right fin. On the flip side, the spray graphics are yellow with a taped off stripe pattern on the inside of the left fin.
- 3K Carbon: Featured on Techflex fins. 3K plain-weave carbon is designed to have a quicker response and a more durable lifetime.
- Techflex: Techflex is a stiff like Fiberglass but lighter and more responsive than Honeycomb. The ultimate in flat foiled fins, great for powerful surfers or powerful surf.
- Flat Foil: Flat foiled fins break free sooner and are better at controlling speed. Often surfers prefer them in fast powerful surf where they do not need to create additional speed. If you have muscle memory from riding glass-ons, flat foiled fins will feel the closest.
- Height: 4.56 in
- Base: 4.45 in
- Area: 14.98 sq in
- Futures Fins - John John SS Techflex - Cyan/Yellow John John FinReview by goiner goiner
RatingExcellent medium size fin used 5' 10" 24 liter kitesurfboard.(Posted on 12/20/2015) 2015-12-20
Highly recommended because of flex pattern and durability.
They also look bad ass.
Write Your Own Review
Returns are easy! We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary. We also want you to be stoked on your purchase. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase you may return it for a full refund, or exchange within 30 days of receiving your order. Items must be in new condition with original tags and packaging.
Click here for our full Return Policy