Dan Mann began building custom boards in 1996. Over the last 18 years, he has been at the cutting edge of surfboard shaping and innovation including all aspects of board building. In addition to building his own brand Mannkine, Dan has shaped and glassed boards for Channel Islands, glassed for Rusty, Xanadu, and Joel Tudor. Since then he has become the head of Design and Research & Development for Firewire Surfboards. His designs include the best selling Dominator, Sweet Potato, Potatonator, Baked Potato, and the Unibrow.
Dan Mann has struck gold again, Yukon Gold. The BAKED POTATO offers the same small wave performance as the SWEET POTATO with a few subtle design adjustments. The nose is pulled in slightly and some of the rail volume has been removed to allow for even faster rail to rail transfers.
The BAKED POTATO has the same aggressive double concaves and 'V-spline' running down the center of the board which allows the board to get up on the rail much faster than the overall design would indicate. Primarily designed for smaller, weaker conditions, the BAKED POTATO will surprise you by its performance characteristics, and how the quad fins set further back and closer to the rail than usual, allow the board to hold with- out sliding, even in larger surf. Get cooking on a BAKED POTATO.
TIMBERTEK represents a significant step forward towards the holy grail of any product designed and manufactured in today's environmentally conscious world. While by no means sustainably built, Firewire's TIMBERTEK has by far one of the least toxic and smallest carbon footprints of any commercially available surfboard today..
The combination of a lightweight EPS core, sustainably-grown wood deck skins, Firewire's proprietary parabolic rail construction, and anEntropy bio-resin hot coat yield an extremely lightweight, durable surfboard with ALL of the high performance flex characteristics of Firewire's existing technologies. Even more impressive, the physical properties of the raw materials involved have allowed us to remove exterior fiberglass, furthering the reduction of the board’s carbon footprint. Or as we like to describe TIMBERTEK, it's simply High Performance Art.
*FIREWIRE SURFBOARDS DO NOT INCLUDE FINS*
***PHOTOS SHOWN ARE STOCK IMAGES***
- Firewire Surfboards Baked Potato TimberTek Great Board!Review by George George
RatingAt 6'4" and 180lbs., I ordered the 5'11" to have a bit more volume to have this board as a groveler. I wanted to post an immediate review for two reasons:(Posted on 1/17/2017) 2017-01-17
1. The board is awesome. While the 5'9" (or even 5'7") could have worked, the 5'11" has let me paddle in with the longboarders down in mainland Mex this week. From knee-high junk to head-high + fast point break to the inside beach break sections, the BP has been terrific; I'm making sections I've never made in my 25 years of surfing. With FCS 2 Quad set-up and weight on the tail, the BP turns like a skateboard!
2. In the midst of Snowmaggedon 2017 in Bend, OR, Stefan at Cleanline was beyond awesome, as he got the board to me despite storms, Firewire's year-end inventory, etc. If you're buying anything surf related, choose Cleanline. They are, very simply, the best!
- Firewire Surfboards Baked Potato TimberTek Fun!Review by SteveA SteveA
RatingGreat small wave board for those gutless days. I gave it 5 stars for that reason.(Posted on 11/23/2015) 2015-11-23
3 stars for when the waves get some punch. The wide tail can't be sunk to enable you to get in late. Can be a hassle when a sneaker set comes through and you have to take off late. But very happy with Cleanline! Super fast delivery too my doorstep.
I like doing business with them.
- Firewire Surfboards Baked Potato TimberTek Happy customerReview by Dan Dan
RatingPicked up a 6'1" two weeks ago at Cleanline Seaside. Surfed it twice. I'm 6'2", 210, and 48 (slightlymabove average fitness; intermediate surfer). Worked great in weak 2 to 4 foot surf. Super fun. Exactly what I was looking for.....alternative to a log.(Posted on 8/18/2015) 2015-08-18
Heads up on FCS 2 fins. Put the not included retaining screws in. Lost an expensive fin despite being solidly snapped in.
BTW, I sort of collect boards despite bing and old-ish semi Barn. Staff at the Seaside shop are super customer oriented and friendly. Great shop and great management. Kudos to the team.
- Firewire Surfboards Baked Potato TimberTek Fun board, but I found myself wanting more performance...Review by Matt - Cleanline Staff Matt - Cleanline Staff
RatingI was super pumped when I picked up this board and I had a lot of fun sessions, but in the end for me I realized it wasn't the board I wanted. If the surf was REALLY mushy then this board would excel, but most days I would have rather been on a Potatonator or Spitfire. If you do get this board I highly recommend a small center fin like the Futures TMF to give the board a tad bit more drive and keep the tail from being to funky.(Posted on 3/24/2014) 2014-03-24
- Firewire Surfboards Baked Potato TimberTek Over the top boardReview by Bruce Bruce
RatingI'm 65, 180 lbs, in fairly reasonable condition, sub-expert surfer (age). Got a 5'9" Timber Tek Baked Potato from Cleanline. I'm now back in the line up with the first tier surfers. Nothing more need be said, other than thank you Cleanline and FireWire.(Posted on 1/29/2014) 2014-01-30