FCS II FW PC Tri Set
Firewire Surfboards and FCS have created the Firewire Shaper Series Performance Core Tri-Quad Fin Set. This lightweight performance fin is made from spliced veneer and uni directional carbon fiber built over FCS's small hex performance core. Branded with the Firewire logo burnt into the veneer and with a responsive tip flex and hydrodynamic foil on the side fins, this versatile template offers a balance of speed, drive and maneuverability.
Designed by Nev Hyman, the Firewire Tri-Quad (5 fin) template sits deep in the water and has minimal sweep, meaning it has great pivoting capabilities yet will hold nicely through turns. The smaller centre fin provides additional tail release.
- Size: Medium (65Kg - 80Kg)
- Fins in set: 5
- Ideal Conditions: A wide range of conditions particularly good in critical overhead waves.
- Board Types: Performance shortboards and hybrid models with the FCS II Fin System.*Please Note: this fin is designed to be used exclusively with the FCS II Fin System, and will not fit in the traditional FCS Dual Plug System.
- Material: Performance Core material and construction is designed to deliver the feeling of a traditional fiberglass fin with the added performance of reduced weight. The RTM (Resin Transfer Moulding) process produces a lightweight fin with remarkable flex, a smooth feel and an impressive aesthetic.
- Base: 4.37 in
- Depth: 4.89 in
- Area: 15.78 sq in
- Sweep: 32.1
- Foil: Flat
- Base: 4.38 in
- Depth: 4.57 in
- Area: 14.91 sq in
- Sweep: 34.7
- Foil: 50/50
- Base: 4.34 in
- Depth: 4.01 in
- Area: 12.70 sq in
- Sweep: 33.7
- Foil: 50/50
***Exclusively for the FCS II Fin System; will not fit in the traditional FCS Dual Plug System***
The FCS II system has been designed to perform at the highest level by seamlessly connecting 3 essential elements in surfing; the surfer, the surfboard and the fins. When paired with fins from the new FCS II Essential Series, it’s now possible to install and remove your fins in seconds, without the need for any screws or tools.
What you’ll find when you ride the new FCS II system is more speed, more drive, more acceleration, and most importantly more response from your board. This equates to better surfing, and you’ll be in the line up faster.
Our team riders have given the new FCS II system their personal tick of approval, which is validation from the best surfers on the planet.
- Keyless: Efficient keyless system for quick fin installation and release.
- Flush Leading Edge: Recessed leading edge with flush base connection improves water flow.
- Backward Compatible: Grub screws can be inserted to accept your existing FCS fins.
- Mechanism: Rotating Barrel: Self lubricating, wear resistant barrel locks the fin into the plug.
- Mechanism: Titanium Rod: Aerospace grade titanium rod applies lateral pressure to the fin tab.
- Honeycomb Construction: Lightweight composite frame encapsulated by high density foam reduces weight and maintains tail flex.
Write Your Own Review
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2017.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy