The DB Super Plank Proto Skimboard may seem like a simple skimboard, but it is so much more. This wood skimboard has continuous rocker, a durable HPL bottom and an HPL top for maximum shredability. It's an unbeatable deal as a high performance wood skimboard, quality made in the USA, truly a sick little shredstick for only $99.
Just like the Plank Proto, the Super Plank Proto is the perfect board for anyone who is just getting into the sport, or riders who prefer to customize their own traction. The Plank Proto comes in one size and does require you to add your own deck pad. The medium size (41.4"x19.63") is the most versatile and is well suited for riders from 100lbs to 155lbs.
DB manufactures using only the best sustainable harvested hardwoods to ensure a long lasting rocker, great ding resistance, and everlasting pop. 100% of the scrap that is produced is re-purposed into down stream products. In addition to the re-purposing program DB strives to use only Low VOC and water based chemicals to keep the earth and their employee’s happy and healthy.
- Concave - A definitive advantage of a DB Skimboard is the trademark Micro Concave. DB Skimboards employ a tiny side to side concave which creates a bowl effect over the surface of the board. This concave allows the rider a catch free ride and added confidence in spins and shuvs.
- Rocker - It's taken years to find the perfect rocker profile for DB's standard boards. They dialed in and perfected this profile to find the perfect mix of amplitude and curvature. The rocker enables maximum pop without sacrificing speed over the water or making the board difficult to throw.
- 3D Rocker & Precision Lamination - The combination of Micro Concave + Continuous Rocker = 3D Rocker. The bowl'd deck creates the perfect platform for technical tricks, long rides, and easy sliding. DB boards are pressed using a proprietary technique that ensure long lasting shape accurate laminations. Ask around, these boards hold their rocker and concave almost indefinitely!
- Construction - Super Plank skimboards are constructed with a multi- layer Maple and Poplar Hybrid Layup core. To create a flex board DB laminates using a completely water tight bonding agent and encase the core with HPL topsheet and base. HPL is the best sliding surface they've found. It slides great over sand, PVC rails and boxes, logs, shells, cement, and just about anything you can think of! The top of the board is HPL and requires additional traction.
- Proudly Made in the USA - DB Skimboards have been making their skimboards just South of Seattle, WA since 2003. Their company is rider owned and operated and dedicated to making the best boards in the world.
Write Your Own Review
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2017.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy