TheDB Skimboards Flex Proto Skimboard is great for lightweight riders or riders who prefer more flex. These boards are constructed with a newly engineered maple core which is light in weight and snappy under the feet. These boards have a great feel and are perfect for getting big pop, cruising, or hitting rails and boxes.
DB manufactures using only the best sustainable harvested hardwoods to ensure a long lasting rocker, great ding resistance, and everlasting pop. 100% of the scrap that is produced is re-purposed into down stream products. In addition to the re-purposing program DB strives to use only Low VOC and water based chemicals to keep the earth and their employee’s happy and healthy.
The Flex Proto comes in two sizes, medium (41.4" x 19.63") and small (39.4"x18.75"). The medium size is our most versatile and is well suited for riders from 125lbs to 155 lbs. Our small size is perfect for lighter riders; from 100 lbs to 140 lbs
- Concave - A definitive advantage of a DB Skimboard is our trademark Micro Concave. We employ a tiny side to side concave which creates a bowl effect over the surface of the board. This concave allows the rider a catch free ride and added confidence in spins and shuvs
- Rocker - It's taken years to find the perfect rocker profile for our standard boards. We dialed in and perfected this profile to find the perfect mix of amplitude and curvature. Our rocker enables maximum pop without sacrificing speed over the water or making the board difficult to throw
- 3D Rocker & Precision Lamination - The combination of Micro Concave + Continuous Rocker = 3D Rocker. The bowl'd deck creates the perfect platform for technical tricks, long rides, and easy sliding. DB boards are pressed using a proprietary technique that ensure long lasting shape accurate laminations. Ask around, these boards hold their rocker and concave almost indefinitely
- Construction - Flex skimboards are constructed with a flexy 3-ply hard rock maple core. This layup is "flexier" for riders at the top end of the weight limit and stiffer for riders near the bottom. To create a flex board we laminate using a completely water tight bonding agent and encase the core with HPL topsheet and base. HPL is the best sliding surface we've found. It slides great over sand, PVC rails and boxes, logs, shells, cement, and just about anything you can think of! The top of the board has our signature CNC machined EVA diamond foam. EVA foam provides great traction and cushioning for your feet and is tough enough to survive the wear and tear from long sessions, UV, and saltwater
- Proudly Made in the USA - DB Skimboards have been making their skimboards just South of Seattle, WA since 2003. Their company is rider owned and operated and dedicated to making the best boards in the world
Write Your Own Review
We understand that when purchasing gifts, returns and exchanges can be necessary, which is why for the Holidays we are extending our Return Policy so that anything purchased as a gift this Holiday Season is eligible to be returned by the end of January. If you are not 100% satisfied with your product you may return it for a full refund, or exchange by the end of the month of January 2017.
Please make sure your wetsuit fits before taking it in the water. We are not able to take returns or exchanges on used wetsuits.
Click here for our full Return Policy